George Mason University, Fairfax, VA. Candidate for M.A. in Art History, Expected: May 2013
Current GPA: 3.86, Areas of Interest: 19th and 20th century fine and decorative arts
Philadelphia University, Philadelphia, PA. B.S. in Graphic Design Communications, May 2000
Graduate Course Work
- Creating Value: Making and Consuming Art in Early Modern Europe
- Medieval Mediterranean (In conjunction with the Smithsonian Decorative Arts Masters Program)
- Methods and Research in Art History
- U.S. Murals: 1893-1945
- The Museum: Current Topics in Museum Studies
- Transatlantic Encounters: Latin American Artists in Paris between the Wars
George Mason University, Fairfax, VA. Undergraduate Non-degree, GPA 4.0.
- Twentieth Century Latin American Art
- Celtic Art
- American Art in the Gilded Age
- Aesthetics for Art History
Web Manager and Research Assistant for Dr. Michele Greet - September 2012 to Present Transatlantic Encounters: Latin American Artists in Paris between the Wars.
Web Site Administration:
- Added code to create second searchable collection (galleries), including navigation links and collection description
- Updated the overall site to reflect a second set of data available and improve the organization of the tag searchablity
- Updated data as more information become available
- Added additional team member(s) information to web site
- Brought the mapping function live and researched alternative mapping options to best display the information
- Added images to the pages
- Database Creation:
- Organized supplied gallery research into a database for use in the web site.
- Updated the artist database for entry into mapping programs
- Looked at primary resources for gallery addresses and artist exhibit dates.
Seattle Art Museum: February 2012 to August 2012
In addition to general volunteer work, I helped with the Gauguin and Polynesia exhibit, assisted with the Sandra Cinto installation and participated in one week of SAM Camp an art day camp for kids.
Smithsonian National Museum of American History: 2001 to 2002
Worked in the Hands on Science Center
Nova Medical & Urgent Care Center, Inc., Ashburn, VA, February 2005 – December 2011
I joined Nova as their Marketing Director, creating the role of the department within the company. This role required that I work independently and reported directly to the CEO. I was in charge of hiring a full time Public Relations Director at which point I transitioning my role to that of Creative Director.
Marketing Solutions, Fairfax, VA. April 2001 – February 2005
Entered the company as a Marketing Coordinator and was promoted to Creative Director. I was responsible for all aspects of managing three to four client accounts, including communicating one-on-one to create their individual marketing plans, running monthly or bi-monthly meetings and the production of all their materials.
Primarily PC based software including; Adobe CS3 Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Dreamweaver, Quark Express, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint